Removal of what? LOL!
You can't code additionally for the nurse...she's an employee of the nursing home, and that's reimbursed to the nursing home by Medicare. But you can try to put a -22 on the removal code, but you'd have to have very good documentation in regards to why it was a difficult procedure. I wouln't hold my breath for additional reimbursement on a minor surgery, though.
The stitch removal is bundled into the global (I'm guessing 10-day). Make sure you code the POS as nursing home when you code the 'removal', but be aware that some procedures (such as wound care) are not reimbursed by CMS when done in a nursing home. You have to bill the nursing home, which requires a contract with them. Since you didn't tell us what was removed, I can't be sure if CMS will cover it when done at the NH.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join