Phymosis of clitorial hood causes limiting exposure of the glans clitoridis.
It is like a stricture or closure or adhesion of the clitoreal hood, oepening it is like separating the phymosed ends like we do Lysis for vulva adhesions ( unless adefinite destructive procedure was done which will merit for 56501.
Since we do not have a distinctly descriptive code for the clitoris which is apart of the vulva,
i would go for 56441, as the HCC model risk adjustment could explain us that way from the same family.
ICD-9 wiould be 616.89 and the CPT code for it would be 56441.
now you decide if destrutive procedure _ 56501; if simply separation/ release/ opening/ adhesiolysis done , it could go for 56441.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join