Surgeon does breast reduction and excises excess tissue in the axillary regions. Sometimes calls them bra rolls. Is the excision included in breast reduction 19318? Non cancerous reduction. Since axilla and breast is in a different anatomical location can the bilateral axilla removal also be billed or charged as a cosmetic fee? Cpt 15839 is the only code I am aware of but is considered cosmetic with breast reduction. The only diagnosis I can come up with is adipose tissue. I know the excess tissue in the axilla area is not always medically necessary sometimes, all women have them. The doc wants the patient to be pleased with his work and look good. Is this separately billable? God knows if it is included with 19318 I want to forget about it. This has been an ongoing question I cannot get answered. Need your opinions and expertise.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join