You can only bill Medicare for lap band fills after 90 days. Bill 43999 with your price and put in narrative "lap band adjustment". Now the only diagnosis you need is V53.51. There is also a 10 day global on adjustments. If you see the patient within 90 days of an adjustment and you do not do an adjustment you can charge for office visit with a 24 modifier and diagnosis of C4-5/86. Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join