Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

CPC-H Exam -- I PASSED !!!!

1. Default
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi,
    Congratulations!!!!

Nalini CPC

I agree that it depends on how much coding you have done. Remember to go over terminology. Read the quidelines in your ICD-9 and CPT books. Knowing these will be extremely beneficial to you.
    Alicia CPC, and almost CPC-I

3. Default
    is the cpc-h just as hard as the cpc?

M:

It is different from the CPC exam. Not having ANY medical experience, I had a hard time with the General Knowledge Questions, i.e., anatomy, med. term, etc. I was surprised that there were NOT many questions at all on Reimbursement.

I didn't think the coding questions were that bad, there were 3 VERY LONG scenarios at the end, but there were also alot of 2-liner questions. So, I was able to get 45 questions done in my first hour.

Know your ICD-9-CM guidelines!

Ellen

Great Job! Congrats.
    Jill Tom, COC, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I
    East Valley Kachina Coders
    East Valley Mesa, AZ AAPC Local Chapter
    President 2011
    President-Elect 2010
    New Member Development Officer 2009
    jillmtom@yahoo.com

6. Default
    Congrat!

7. Default Cpc vs cpc-h
    If I take the CPC exam and pass, will I be able to find a medical coding job with a local hospital even if I'm not CPC-H certified?

8. Default
    Wow!!!!!! Congradulations !!!!!!!!! this certification is next on my list. Now that you have passed what advice could you offer a person who want to pass. We know that endless days of reading is in order but any additional tips.

Norma

Norma:

I was very surprised by the CPC-H exam. Being that the Reimbursement chapter in the Study Guide is enormous, I expected to be tested on alot of reimbursement topics - but there were hardly any. There were A&P, Med. Term, Guideline, General knowledge questions - kind of hard to tell you how to prepare for this part because the questions were from all over.

There were coding questions with JUST ICD-9-CM codes; questions with just CPT codes; and questions with BOTH ICD-9 and CPT. It was nice that they were each grouped together. So, you really have to know your ICD-9 guidelines AND CPT guidelines AND be able to apply them to the questions.

Ellen

10. Default
    how to see the results of CPC-H.....?can you plz tell me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast