I have never billed for this before, but the dr did the cannula (36822) and the pt was on the machine for 2 days (33960,33961). I coded the daily codes but did not code the cannula because it says separate procedure. Is this correct? Is there a requirement of the dr being at the bedside for a certain amt of time or any special documentation requirements for the daily codes? Does he have to say "pt still on Ecmo" or anything llike that? Can the ECMO codes be billed with critical care codes?
Thanks a lot!!!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join