In the AANS course and from everything I have learned, you dont use to primary codes when crossing areas of the spine. If the dr. is fusing T10 - L4, the majority of the vertebra being fused are lumbar and the reimbursement is generally higher for lumbar so it would be appropriate to code, 22612 (L3-L4) and 22614 x 5 (L2-3, L1-2, T12-1, T11-12 and T10-T11) I would use 22843 for the instrumentation code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join