You can only bill those codes once.
29880 ...w/ menisectomy (medial and lateral to include any shaving)
29876 ... synovectomy, major, 2 or more compartments
29877 ....chrondroplasty or shaving and this code can not be billed with either one of those codes. Depedning on the insurance company you use G0289. You would need to check with your billing department or the carrier. Medicare and Medicaid for sure take the G0289.
The Patello-femoral compartment is included with the medial/lateral depending on the port side.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join