So long as the paratubal/ para ovarian cysts drainage do not have a distinct CPT code , can we merit it to the family of cysts of the uterine adenexa (which includes ovarian cysts , paratubal cysts or Gartners cyst). What holds good for ovarian cyst drainage could it be applied for the other cysts of uterine adenexa(HCC concept of adjustments)? just as it enjoys for the abscess pelvic and the tissues around ( 58823).
I would lean on for 58805-59. Separate procedure, not an integral part of cesarean, though, sequenced after the major procedural code.
I would like you to have a look into the code 58823, which is for abscess is shared for all those abscesses in the area of pelvis, ovarian, paracolic etc, which basically includes paraovarian/para tubal abscess too.
Any other suggestion please?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join