Read it as Fascia Lata- it is the deep fascia of the thigh and the Tensor fasciÃ¦ latÃ¦ is inserted between its layers.
The portion of the fascia lata attached to the front part of the iliac crest, and corresponding to the origin of the Tensor fasciÃ¦ latÃ¦, extends down the lateral side of the thigh as two layers, one superficial to and the other beneath this muscle; at the lower end of the muscle these two layers unite and form a strong band, having first received the insertion of the muscle.
This band is continued downward, under the name of the iliotibial band (tractus iliotibialis) and is attached to the lateral condyle of the tibia.
So with its attachments above to the iliac crust, and below to the lateralcondyle of the Tibia through the iliotibial band, FACIA LATA RELASE OR OPENING, DESREVES THE CPT CODE - 27305- Fasciotomy, iliotibial ( tenotomy), OPEN.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join