the following dx codes may be used;
278.00 Obesity, unspecified
278.01 Morbid obesity
278.1 Localized adiposity
701.9 Unspecified hypertrophic and atrophic condition of skin
729.39 Panniculitis of other sites
V45.86 Bariatric surgery status - Gastric banding status, Gastric bypass status for obesity , Obesity surgery status
hernia repairs are sometimes performed in conjunction with pani/abdom/lipect procedures. although mod-59 would need to be appended to CPT 15830. otherwise, a denial will ensue. also, if this pt is post-weight loss/bariatric surgery, add V45.86.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join