â€śSingleâ€ť injection refers to a single nerve block, so code 64420 should be reported."
Above is from AMA CPT Assistant describing a single injection representing 64420, the multiple intercoastal block would be multiple injections (64421) but due to the fact the descriptor describes multiple injections under the single CPT, it is understood that 64421 encompasses multiple injections with reporting of only one unit of service.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join