Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cpc Exam

Default Cpc Exam
    Medical Coding Books
    I Have A Question If You Are Only Allowed To Miss So Many For Each Section Of The Cpc Exam Does That Not Mean You Can Only Miss 15 Questions On One Section Of The Exam And Fail? Or You Can Pass Two Sections And Miss 15-20 On One Section And Fail? Can Someone Tell Me How This Works? I Am Confused On How These Exams Are Graded! Someone Help! I Calculated 150 Questions And You Should Be Able To Miss 50 At The Most, But If Anyone Can Explain This Where I Have A Better Understanding Let Me Know.

I can't recall the percentage - but you have to pass EACH section individually by that percentage amount - and if you do not pass "one" section - you will automatically fail and have to re-take the whole complete test. (regardless if you passed the other two sections or not). I'll look up what the percentage for passing is when I get home unless someone else answers that part before then!

If I am not mistaken you have to get 70% correct in each section to pass.
    Susie Corrado, CPC

Yes, you have to get 70% in each section and if you fail one section, you fail the exam. Good luck!

5. Smile
    I just figured you are able to miss about 45 questions for the test. If it has to be equal in each section. That averages 15 questions per section. That's why on the test I didn't get all worried on some really hard questions. I kind of figured I could get by with missing them if I had too. I took my test on May 17th.

it is NOT equal to each section! they score each portion separately! In the example below, if I got 15 incorrect in the third section I'd fail the complete exam because I have to score 70% or better IN THAT SECTION which means I could only miss 12 or fewer questions IN THAT SECTION~even if I only had one wrong in the other two sections I'd fail the complete exam and need to retake it! It depends on how many questions are in each section. If there are 150 questions total on the CPC-H test:
    50 first section - you need 70% of 50 to pass it
    60 second section - you need 70% of 60 to pass it
    40 third section - you need 70% of 40 to pass
    that's ONLY IF it's 70% that you need in order to pass! Again, I'm not sure of the percentage needed, it states it right on the practice exams what is needed however (I don't have one in front of me right now) Frankly, I thought we needed at least 72% to pass) I'll have to double check tonight when I get home.
    happy 4th!

7. Wink
    yeah, I know it was for sure 50 questions the first section.That would equal 15 questions you could miss for a 70% in that section. I didn't remember for sure exactly how many questions were in the next sections. Give or take a few, and do the math from there. Good Luck, and don't stress!

8. Default
    According to my exam book the first section is 63% or 27 of the 43 questions.
    The second section is 72% or 44 of the 60 questions and the last section is
    60% or 28 of the 47 questions. Hopes this helps. Good Luck!!!!
    kblevins

Default Exam Score Minimum
    I thought the exam book was very misleading as far as the practice exam scores need to pass. From what I have been seeing on the website it seems you need 70% to pass, if this is the case then why would the exam prep book say you only need 63% in section 1, 72% in section 2, and 60% in section 3. If you have been practicing and mainting these scores but really tou need a minimum of 70% in each section you are being mislead. I would just say try to get 70% in each section to be safe.

BEST ADVICE I was given was go through and do at least 70% of each section...DOn't finish one then go to the next then finish that ETC..I watched people scramble as they did every question in the first few sections and then time was up ..THEY failed b/c they didn't get to the last section. JUst RElax skip over the harder ones ..DO at least 70% of each section..THEN go back.. I did this and was done 2 hours before everyone I was a mess wanted to change my info b/c no one else was done I kept quite...AND FEW WEEKS LATER I PASSSED... But has it not been for that advice i would have failed GOOD LUCK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast