Adam, HEENT will be the Anatomical area that is examined. When is this listed you will give credit for the areas that are identified in the HEENT. This paticular statement I would give only 1 point for examination of mucuous membranes in 97 guidelines and Nose, Ears, Mouth and Throat body systemfor 95 guidelines. They must be very specific in 97 examination as to what areas in HEENT were examined. Another example is Cardiovascular. If the doctor says Cardiovascular as the heading and says RRR for the heart you would get 1 point for ascultation of the heart and body system for 95. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join