AB-01-144 is a very informative transmittal for this.. here is an excerpt:
On the rare occasion when the interpreting physician does not have diagnostic information asto the reason for the test and the referring physician is unavailable to provide such information,it is appropriate to obtain the information directly from the patient or the patient’s medicalrecord if it is available. However, an attempt should be made to confirm any informationobtained from the patient by contacting the referring physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join