The health record (as source document) and perhaps the claims that were submitted to payers and any EOBs or RAs that relate to those claims--that is primarily what is used in an audit.
I'm not sure I understand the logic of this consulting company--perhaps they are new to coding audits or have a "green-horn" consulting on your project (?). Maybe go with another company though. Doesn't sound like these folks are going to do justice for the money they're charging you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join