Pt admitted to ER for attempting suicide by jumping off a bridge. Psych consult has a 1:1 sitter with pt. Pt now states that he's glad he was saved. However, he will be admitted into Psych once he is physically able. I coded the initial consult now I need to code the subsequental visit but the doctor only puts "suicidal Idealation" as the diagnosis. I could use suicide attempt but I'm not sure which code to use. Please help as soon as possible!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join