I agree that bleeding 4 weeks post D&C seems too long. Most discharge instructions note bleeding may last 2 or even 3 weeks. Without the medical record, it is difficult to give a definite answer. Could the presenting problem be her normal period that usually starts 4-6 weeks post-op, bleeding due to fibroids, coagulopathy or trauma?
If the documentation is unclear, query the provider.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join