Lisa, we also bill for similar procedures and do NOT use a modifier with the 95874 as this is an add-on code. If you will read code descriptor and instructions for 95874 in your CPT book you'll see that code 95870 should not be reported, so that may be the problem. Sounds like a corrected claim is in order here.
If they still deny the 95874 you may need to appeal because this code IS allowable with the "parent" code 64613. ---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join