No, the CCI edits don't let you use any Levels coding with it. If you work up a fresh specimen, just code for the 88305 or whatever level it fits in.
You can use any add on codes for with 88323 and even cut and stain an H&E using this if it's documented as done.
If it's fresh material, you don't need to add the 8832X since the professional and technical fee is included with the CPT Levels.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join