Ok please refresh my memory on this one...
Patient was scheduled to have a Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band placed (43770), and liver biopsy (47001) While dissecting the stomach was perforated, the surgeon repaired the stomach, and then performed the liver biopsy. The gastric band was not placed.
Should I code this: 43770-52, 47001 (reduced b/c band wasn't placed)
or 43840-52, 47001 (reduced b/c was performed laparoscopic, not open.) We prefer to bill this way instead of using unlisted codes....
I know typically we don't code for repair of injury made during surgery, but for some reason this one is stumping me.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join