AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone work for Outcomes, Inc

Default Anyone work for Outcomes, Inc

AAPC: Back to School
    Is there anyone out there that has or currently work for Outcomes Health Information Solutions? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Default Just Hired

I just got hired as an nurse and certified coder. They said 4.50 per chart scanned plus .25 per chart uploaded. Does anyone know if this is a good rate? How many charts could I audit in one hour?

I applied and they sent me a test. I am going to do the test but it looks time consuming, don't get me wrong, I want the job but my time is limited right now. I'll take it as soon as possible though. Did anyone else take a test for them and pass it? If so, about how long did it take you to complete it?

Default I took the test

I took their test a couple of years ago and spent about five hours on it and probably should have taken longer. There were several clinical questions that were more suited to a nurse like pharmaceutical issues. Also, I thought the instructions for many of the sections were vague so I wasn't sure exactly what they wanted me to do. I did not pass their exam and have never worked for them so I can't comment on that aspect. Hopefully they have revamped the test so the instructions are more clear.

Good Luck!
    Jennifer, CPC

Rome, Georgia Chapter - Rome Coding Professionals

Default Outcomes remote coding

I was just hired in as part time remote coding and waiting training. Does anyone know how many charts you are required to code an hour.

I have looked at Outcome's system requirements and they state that Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7.0 cannot be used. Anyone who has bought a new computer in the last year or so is going to have Vista. Has anyone run into this issue when trying to apply for work with them?

Default Outcomes

I just took their test this weekend and got a notification that I passed and could be scheduled for a phone interview next week. I was also wondering what their pay was like and how busy they keep you.

I was hired by Outcomes in May of 2007 for an E/M coding project. Well as of Dec 2007 the project was cancelled and they decided no one could work remote. Well sure again they are once again hiring remote coders.

I am grateful I was picked up by another company in Feb 2008 and was moved into a full time salaried position with benefits as a remote medical auditor, I love my current company and will stay with them forever.

Outcomes has left a very negative taste in my mouth. I hope you all have a better experience than me getting strung along for 7 months.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Does anyone have anything good to say about outcomes?

Default Outcomes

I currently work for them and they have been a pleasure to work with so far. The pay is great and I am able to use Vista even though they told me it wouldn't work. It does with my computer anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast