CPT code range 99401-99404: As per CPT Asstant 2009, vol.19, bulletin 2, Risk factor reduction services are used for persons without a specific illness for which the counseling might otherwise be used as part of treatment. Preventive medicine counseling and risk factor reduction interventions will vary with age and should address such issues as family problems, diet and exercise, substance abuse, sexual practices, injury prevention, smoking cessation, dental health, and diagnostic and laboratory test results available at the time of the encounter.
So, if had a history of smoking without present problems, can also be provided service for cpt 99401/99402
Sanjit K Mishra, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join