well, there's the code for 'handling and/or conveyance of specimen for transfer from the physician's office to a laboratory', 99000. Because peeing in a cup doesn't (usually) require your staff's expertise, such as a venipuncture does, it's hard to justify that charge to the payer.
In my twenty-some years of doing this, I've never seen it paid separately here in NH. It's bundled into your E&M.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join