Our practice is finally trying to figure out the revenue codes associated with each HCPCS for Medicare and I'm stuck on a couple of them. It's confusing to me since revenue codes are mainly for a hospital....If anyone has any resources or answers, I would greatly appreciate it.
CPT 96372 injection (this one was for a B12 injection) would it be under pharmacy....professional fees???
CPT codes 20553 (injection trigger point) and 11055 (trim skin lesions) What revenue code goes with in-office procedures?
Also, I heard the first line item (with the rev code 0521) should be the office visit but that it should be for the sum of all of the charges for the day. So...for example, if we billed a 99213 for $105 and a 36415 for $5, would I list it as 99213 for $110.00 and then the 36415 for $5? From the info I got, the first line item is the one that determines the co-insurance and that's why you want the total charges on the office visit but that just seems weird.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new to this FQHC billing and it is a nightmare.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join