AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking the Pre-Exam for CPT

Duluth, Minnesota

AAPC: Back to School
    it's good to have little reminders in our books, but - when I took my CPC test 4-1/2 years ago. Two women had "their" books taken away and had to use other ones provided because of how much they had written in their books. What they wrote is beyond me! I'm not sure why notes have to be written in the books anyway, the information we need is already printed in it, why re-write what's already written? You just need to know where to look to find it.
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

Quote Originally Posted by kblevins View Post
    Thank you sherrie,I didn't know you could do that. Can you write most anything in your book or are there limits?
    You're Welcome! You may want to find out for sure with AAPC. I just took advice from other fellow coders. The only thing the proctors checked in all of our books was that there wasn't anything stapled and inserted in the books. I wrote alot. Also when you read the guidelines you may want to go through your icd-9 book and write notes. That helped me alot. Good luck to you, Karen. Just study hard and don't take it likely. It will be worth all the time you spent!

You are allowed to write anything you want to inside your coding books. You are NOT allowed to tape anything into your books, write on a sticky note and put it inside the book, etc. Your books are inspected upon check in at the test. Also, remember most coding books include pictures of anatomy structures. Use those pages and add notes to yourself on those pages about the structure.

And yes, you need to pass each individual section to pass the entire test.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12