Is your physician the one who performed the surgery?
If yes then, if the patient was admited as inpatient then it should be 99231-99233 except the day before the surgery and the day of surgery. Those visits are going to be bundled with the surgery, I understand it was a major one - right?
If your physician did not perform the surgery, then all those visits will be 99231-99233 for an inpatient.
For Obs status you will use 99224-99226 instead of 99231-99233.
Hope I was able to help.
Sofia MS, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join