That is what happens when you have a different fee schedule for self pay. No you cannot make them self pay when they and you have a contract with the payer. Your self pay fee schedule should be the same as everyone else to avoid this problem. You are making it more attractive for patients to drop their insurance. A self pay patient has not had to suffer the financial impact of paying premiums, so why do you reward that by also allowing them a cheaper fee?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join