April 11, 2011

Garry Fenton
66 Wheeler Circle Apt. # 94
Stoughton, MA 02072

Dear Prospective Employer:

I am really interested in your vacant Medical Coding position. As a recent graduate, I earned a Certificate Degree in Medical Coding and an Associate Degree in Medical Information Management from Bunker Hill Community College in June 2, 2007 with a GPA point average of 3.7/4.0. I completed 40 hours internship at the Navy Yard, Mass General Hospital, where I coded for inpatients, outpatients, burn patients, cancer patients and respiratory patients. I am familiar with ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS. As a certified Medical coder, I am actually holding a CPC-A Medical Coding and Billing License. And as such I am searching a Medical Coding and Billing position, I would like to bring great contribution to your department serving either as a regular employee or working as an assistant Medical Coder (volunteer) to extend my internship and learn more to start a Medical Coding career.

With my degree and my experience combined, along with my ability to learn quickly, I believe that I can be an excellent candidate for this position; bringing honesty, respect, and punctuality to your company. I will be available for an interview at your convenience. I can be reached at garry02021@comcast.net or (781) – 436 - 5591.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Garry Fenton

GARRY FENTON
66 Wheeler Circle Apt. # 94
Stoughton, MA 02072
(781) 436 - 5591
garry02021@comcast.net

Objective: Seeking a Medical Coding position

Highlights: Mastery of primary Coding systems
Familiarity with concerns of professional coders in the areas of medical law, confidentiality and ethics applied to patient records
Capable of accurately coding common diseases, medical diagnoses procedures and surgical interventions and familiar with ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS
Certified Medical Coder and currently holding a CPC-A license
Medisoft Patient Accounting
Familiar with MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Internet, E-mail
Fluent in both English and French

Education: Bunker Hill Community College Boston, MA
A.S. Degree in Medical Information Management 06/07

Bunker Hill Community College
Certificate in Medical Coding Program
GPA 3.7/4.0

Experience: The Dimock Center Boston, MA
Volunteering in the Medical Record 02/08 to now
Performing data entry file and record patient's medical chart in numerical order
Currently reorganizing medical record filing system in alphabetical order

Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA
Medical Coder Intern 11/06 to 12/06
Performed 40-hour medical coding Internship

Bunker Hill Community College Chelsea, MA
Medical Terminology Tutor 10/05 to 12/05
Utilized teaching skills to assist students in various academic programs including nursing, medical coding and medical technology
Assisted students, individually and in groups with lesson assignments and reinforced learning concepts
Helped students in understanding and describing word parts, including prefixes, root words, and suffixes in medical terminology and building other medical terms