Stereopsis testing on kindergarten exam

1. Red face Stereopsis testing on kindergarten exam
    Medical Coding Books
    In North Carolina they are now requiring a steriopsis exam (for depth perception) with the kindergarten exam. I can not find a CPT to use for just it or is it bundled in with the regular snelling eye exam?

Quote Originally Posted by dannybelle View Post
    In North Carolina they are now requiring a steriopsis exam (for depth perception) with the kindergarten exam. I can not find a CPT to use for just it or is it bundled in with the regular snelling eye exam?

i also live in NC having to bill the same thing, right know i am doing some reading up on this. I have made some calls once i get an answer i will be glad to pass this on.
    Christine Brooks,CPC,CCP,CMSCS,CPMA

the only code that i can come up with 99173. i have called everyone and they all have said use 99173

I agree - that falls under the vision testing - (all they do is pick the wings off the bug) to check depth perception
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

5. Default Stereopsis testing on kidergarten exam
    Thanks for the info. That is what I thought. So it appears we most likely will not be reimbursed as we usually are not for routine eye exam??????

I agree

what part of nc are you from?

7. Default
    I live in Apex, work in Chapel Hill.

Do you know of any job opportunity in the area i live around Fayetteville. i have been looking now about 2 months and have not foun anything. can you help me out willing to travel.

Default so glad to see this
    I am from NC too and so glad to see this post. Just this week, this came up in our offices and 99173 is best I could come up with as well. When did they start testing for this? I have a soon to be kindergartener who was not tested in May.
    thanks

10. Red face
    Is 99173 still the best option for this test?
    Roxboro, nc