I would query the MD for more details.
Based on your recent seminar at INGENIX you cannot use "with neuropathy" 250.60 would not be an appropriate code because it points to neurologic manifestations. If it were "due to neuropathy" or "diabetic neuropathy" then 250.60 and 357.2 would be appropriate.
Using code 25000"DM without complication, type II..." would not be appropriate either unless you know there are no complications.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join