58120 is a dialation and curretage so it DOES include dilating the cervix. I think you are referring to 58100 which is an endometrial biopsy without cervical dilation. I spent 20+ yrs in OB/GYN and we always coded the 58100 for endometrial biopsy. Code 57800 is for dilation alone, however CCI edits considers it a component of the 58100 code. I would just bill the 58100 and not try for a separate dilation code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join