AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Medisoft v17/5010 compliant upgrade?

Default Medisoft v17/5010 compliant upgrade?

AAPC: Back to School

I own a small billing service and just recently purchased Medisoft v17, that is 5010 compliant. Medisoft is my PMS, MegaEasy is my EDI interface system and Availity is my clearinghouse. I was just wondering if anyone else out there uses the same setup and if the Medisoft v17 upgrade has been un-eventful? I haven't installed my v17 upgrade yet, but have been told that my EDI interface, as well as my clearinghouse is all ready to accept the 5010 format and can still down-code to 4010 for carriers not ready to recieve 5010. I just wanted to see if anyone else has upgraded and what experience they have had with v17?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

We just recently upgraded to version 17 in Medisoft and have had no big issues with the upgrade itself.. The upgrade went very smoothly.

We did encounter an issue between Windows 7 security and version 17 though. What we think happened was that the Windows security did not recognize some of the index files in version 17 so the security wouldn't allow some of the index files to run resulting in damaged index files--- resulting in restoring from a back up and having to re-enter some data. Never fun.

We initially tried to run a File Maintenance but that was running up against the security software as well.

If you have a Medisoft consultant- you might want to check with him/her and get input. Ours suggested to NOT scan the Medisoft files with the security software.

Good luck!

Coastal Coders

Please clarify something for me. Did you mean you can still submit 4010's to your clearing house for 2nd tier ins carriers or your clearing house is going to revert your 5010's until January 1st for those carriers.