For your doubt about 'retained infection' I thnik this would give some information:
Infection of prosthetic joints represent a major cause of morbidity and mobility of the joints
Antibiotic suppressive therapy for retained joints is a medical management of prosthetic joint infections and variability in the duration of suppressive antibiotics recommended- for supporting life long suppression, YES, like neoplastic suppression therapy in cancer therapy.
Suppressive regimen of prolonged antibiotics for this purpose of biocontrol or biological control suppression on chronic conditions, like cotrimozazole in chronic UTI for years, chronic osteomylitis etc., are suppressive antibiotics- a sort of similar kind of regimen for immune suppression antibiotics in neoplasm-Antineoplastic antibiotics.
Hope this helps you
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join