CPT 12001 would be correct for SIMPLE repair of a 2cm finger laceration, but the digital block should NOT be reported. The digital block is inclusive in the global surgical procedure & does not warrant separate reimbursement. See "CPT Surgical Package Definition" under SURGERY GUIDELINES in your CPT manual. Since you're not reporting CPT 64450, you can drop modifier -51 from 12001 as well. Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join