I would like to get more information too. What I found is that V76.51 is for screening malignan neoplasms on Colon, used for a colonoscopy as prevent exam, it means with no symptoms. Usually used as first diagnostic for screening.
Also V Screening codes could be used as second diag code when the screening is done during an office visit for a different reason.
However; in this case V76.51 is for colon screaning, could have be done a digital exam? and that is why, Dr. is billing V76.51? In the other way, i would say that Dr. needs to understand that this code is for colon screanning and it is needed the procedure done in order to use this diag. v76.51.
Please correct me if I m wrong. I m new and studying for the exam. Thank you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join