The unit of service is by the specimen. A single frozen section examined and diagnosed on one specimen is 88331 x1. If a second frozen section is examined and diagnosed, it is coded 88332 (88331 x1 and 88332 x1). Two frozen sections examined and diagnosed from two different specimens is most accurately reported as 88331 X2.
Surgical Pathology Coding Blog.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join