As long as your NP is spending more than 50% of face to face time counseling on breastfeeding, you can bill for the entire time. If it's an hour, you would bill a 99215 or a 99205. You must have a diagnosis, which I'm guessing would be feeding disorder. In addition, the counseling must be documented in the chart. Our NPs who are lactation consultants document the total time, the time spent counseling, and the subject of the counseling.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join