You should code from the radiologist's impression, that is your final diagnosis. If your diagnosis is normal you would use your cheif complaint (reason for procedure) as your diagnosis.
If you are coding medicare patients please be aware of coding criteria, sometimes a cheif complaint will cover but the final diagnosis will not & in that case I recommend using the cheif complaint first followed by the final diagnosis. While I understand that is not really the best scenario it is what works best for reimbursement.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join