AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapy

Default Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapy

AAPC: Back to School
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me a code for lymphatic drainage massage therapy?
    From what I understand it is used for pre and post op swelling. I work for vascular surgeons and my office manager asked about it because they are thinking of starting to perform this procedure. Thank you. Dalanna

Sumter, SC

97140- Manual Therapy techniques: mobilization, manipulation, manual lymphatic drainage, manual traction, one or more regions, each 15 minutes.

Caution, Univera only accepts 97001 and 97002, IHA only accepts 97139! Medicaid 97530...get the drift?

Phoenix, AZ

97001 and 97002 are evaluation, 97139 is an unlisted code and 97530 is for therapeutic activities. It seems really odd that those are to billed for what is clearly a 97140. Sounds like your PT association has some work to do in your part of the country.
    Cyndi Allen, CPC, CIRCC
    2015 Local Chapter President, Casa Grande, AZ

Default electrosound lymphatic therapy

Does any one knows what cpt code to use for eletrosonic lymphatic therapy? We have a patietn that is going to hace a biopsy of the breast and lymphatic traement was ordered..........thanks

Similar Threads

1. Massage Therapy vs Manual therapy
    By Sarreenah in forum Chiropractic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
  2. Massage Therapy/Relaxation
    By dballard2004 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM
  3. Massage Therapy
    By NESmith in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 2