I do not know who wrote that but to say you do not need something in writing is incorrect. The rules of a consult is the 3 Rs. You must document a REQUEST from the provider to show you were asked to RENDER back to them a decision or opinion for an issue in question, and you communicate this thru a written REPORT. In addition many HMO payers will not pay the specialist unless proper consultation steps are taken.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join