there is no CPT code for the collection of the PAP only a lab code. If your provider is only doing the collection you CANNOT use the lab code.
there is however a HCPCS code
Q0091 with V76.2 (or V72.31)
you cannot use the Q code for repeat due to an abnormal result(795.xx). the repeat PAP is included in the E&M level.
also if the patient is only in for a pap and a full prevent is not done look into code G0101. there are documentation requirements for this code too.
these two codes work for Medicare but other carries reconize them too.
hope this helps
ps i have never heard the term historical pap either.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join