This is one of those interesting pairs that if you go to the NCCI edits and use 64450 as the column 1 code and 29540 as the column 2 code it tells you that no modifier will unbundle. If you then put 29540 in as column 1 code and 64450 as the column 2 code it tells you that if done at different anatomical sites you can unbundle with a modifier.
If the strapping and injection were done at different anatomical sites you might try listing the 29540 first and the 64450 with the mod and submit it with the operative report.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join