AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Caspule endoscopy

Question Caspule endoscopy

AAPC: Back to School
    Okay I need some help. I have a large Gastro group over 50 physicians with several locations. We have patients that go to one office to take the pill cam, have the moniters attached by one physician. THen they go to another office to drop off the recorder and have the result read by another physician in the group. How should this be coded. I'm thinking 99110/TC for the first encounter to supply the pill cam / Then a 99110/26 for the second encounter. However I couldn't find anything on billing these when you have two doctors in the same group doing this? Does anyone have any ideas

New Delhi, India

If you are billing for facility, I think as all physicians are billed under one NPI, it would not matter and you can code without TC/26.

If billing for providers under different NPI, your understanding is appropriate. Adding TC with placement and 26 with recording and interpretation.

Girish Dadhich, CPC

New Delhi, India

Just to add, I think you have typed it wrong, should be 91110 or 91111 as appropriate.
    Girish Dadhich, CPC

Your right I did type it wrong. But we do bill under each doctors owe NPI

Similar Threads

1. Endoscopy
    By rrose55 in forum ENT/Otolaryngology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. Endoscopy coding
    By kristilm in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
  3. In need of 8 GI R.N'S (ENDOSCOPY)