I assume you are describing the lateral branches w/ 3 levels performed bilateral. When billing WPS Medicare J5, I would not be able use 76 modifier on a surgical procedure code and I would not be able to use the 59 modifier on code pairs that are not subject to NCCI edits. So if I was billing this I would have to bill as such
64450-50 51 additional note two additional levels performed Bilateral
The additional note on the claim is important, but this might be the type of procedure that requires an anticipated denial with planned appeal for review that this a per level procedure and not a duplicate.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join