73565 is an inherently bilateral procedure and it is a standing film so you do not report this procedure with a modifier. It is the only knee xray code that is bilateral by description which is why you found it in the index. the rest of the knee xray codes are inherently unilateral and are distinguished by the number of views performed so if you perform a 2 view procedure of both kness it would be coded as
73560 50 or
depending on the payer
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join