Fracture care can be a toughy!
Hey I'm assuming you meant to write metatarsal instead of metacarpal. The closed treatment of metarsals is 28470.
I see you are modifying with 54 which means surgical care only.
How is your doctor treating this fracture? It sounds to me that he/she is referring the patient to an ortho doctor for treatment. In that case your doctor should bill the appropriate E/M code (office, ER, etc.) related to diagnosing the fracture.
I also see you are using the "T" modifiers. T modifiers are used for the toes (phalanges)only not the metatarsals.
I hope this is helpful.
Have a great day!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join