I know that with fracture care only the first cast is covered and any ones that need to be done after that can be charged however my question is does this also apply to surgery procedures? An example is patient has Achilles Tendon Repair and cast was applied however the next day because of swelling it is removed then 2 days later Dr applies another cast and charges out application of short leg cast. I'm thinking this is probably covered under global peroid of surgery but fracture care also has a global period and new cast app can still be charged so I'm a little confused.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join