AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Dx code 367.20 age specifications

Default Dx code 367.20 age specifications

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello fellow coders.

I work at an ASC and we do a lot of eye surgeries. I am in Arizona and one of my AHCCCS (Medicaid in other states) plans is denying procedures that I am billing dx code 367.20 with (not primary dx, it is listed as 2nd dx on claim) stating that the patient's age is inconsistent with dx. I called and they state there is an age range of 0-20 years old listed with this dx code. I'm completely confused.

I have not been able to find anything with age specifications for this dx code.

Can anybody help? Or direct me where I might find age specifications for this dx?

Default You are correct

I also looked it up and there are no age specifics at all. 367.20 is for a general Astigmatism, unspecified period. Good luck with that.

Columbia, MO

perhaps they only cover that diagnosis for that age range? That is the only thing that makes sense.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. Electronic File Specifications
    By tlpowles in forum EMR/EHR Systems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:42 AM
  2. What cpt code to bill for a TDAP over 18 age
    By roman2483 in forum Pathology & Clinical Laboratory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
  3. 99211 specifications
    By kathy073 in forum E/M