If patient came to the office, and we bill the 93284-program and eval for ICD, why would Medicare think we were billing the professional and technical component when all we billed was the 93284?? Also, if this was done in the hospital, would the 26 need appended?Billing department is confused as to why Medicare is requesting a partial payment recoup stating cannot bill both professional and TC??? Any help is much appreciated! Confused!
Kris Felty, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join